Case Study #1
PO-Match Invoice Creation from a supplier Invoice PDF in Oracle
Oracle E-Business Suite doesn’t have a feature of capturing Invoice information from Invoice PDF which is received via email by a supplier and generate invoices. Currently, this is a manual process where the user downloads the PDF attachment from email and then manually create a PO-Match invoice in Oracle, which is a time to consume and prone to errors.
The impact on the business can be significant as errors in data entry of invoice creation will result in increasing the balances and the problem may not become evident until weeks or months later.
The Bot will read the email attachment to fetch the invoice and PO information received from a known supplier contact list and then populate those details onto an excel file. -BOT will create a PO-match invoice by logging to Oracle using the invoice information from Excel and then finally will send an email confirmation to user/supplier upon invoice creation. During this entire process, there is no human intervention.
Case Study #2
Update Supplier Bank Account Details in oracle
Maintaining Banks, Branches and Bank Accounts can be very tedious and time-consuming task. Besides this it has following challenges:
- Bank account information is considered confidential and needs to be maintained in secure manner.
- Any error in entering of Bank account and Routing numbers could lead to paying wrong party.
- For SOD – Segregation of duties compliance, the task for maintaining the bank account should be handled by a person who neither processes payments nor creation of Suppliers.
The Bot will fetch the Supplier Bank Account details from the standard form. Bot will update Bank, Branch and Account detail as required within Oracle EBS.
- Suppliers will directly send Bank account information on the Pre-designed form. to a specified email inbox.
- If there any exceptions/errors, then the same will be notified via email.
- This process automation will save one resource especially dedicated to managing bank account changes requests from Suppliers and Employees.
Case Study #3
Create Project based on existing Project Template in oracle
Several Organization use different software to manage the project other than their financial system. This requires creating projects in Oracle EBS for accruing project cost and project billing. Following are some of the challenges to create Projects in Oracle EBS:
- Oracle Projects does not provide any open interface to create projects directly by populating information from external system.
- Some of the clients use several APIs to create the project or integrate Microsoft Project for creation of the project in Oracle EBS.
- Customers uses 3rd party systems to initiate projects or work order which require accrual of financial cost etc. This requires creation of Project corresponding to a Work Order or external Project.
- The project creation in Oracle Project software requires entering several types of information before the project can be used for accounting financial information on the project.
- The BoT will utilize front end screen for creation of the project which will ensure all APIs are automatically called and data is verified before an actual Project is created.
- Creation of project instantaneously based upon request received electronically will help to record all financial information in the timely manner.
- The project administrator would not be required for tedious operation of data entry and can spend time in monitoring and analyzing Project costs etc.
- If there any exceptions / errors, then the same will be notified via email to the Project administrator.
- The project manager can be informed via email when the project is ready for cost accrual / accepting financial transactions.
Case Study #4
Maintain Daily Currency Rates from a Web Site in Oracle
Oracle provides a screen to manually enter Daily Rates, but this can be time consuming and prone to error as with any manual process.
The impact on the business can be significant:
- If the person responsible for entering daily rate is not available on some of the days, it can impact number of financial transactions within multiple Operating Units which require currency rates to enter / post or process those transactions efficiently.
- Errors in data entry of Currency rates will result in wrong reporting of account balances and the problem may not become evident until weeks or months later.
The Bot will fetch the Currency Rates from a Web Site which publishes rates every day and temporary store in an excel file. The rates will usually be fetched for the previous day i.e. System Date -1 and automatically updated in Oracle GL Currency tables using the front-end Currency data entry screen. This will ensure that all validations are performed by Oracle Application before updating the Oracle Application data tables.
Impact of automation
“Top-performing organizations with best-in-class financial processing capabilities are most likely to be early adopters of RPA-based capabilities and are 3.2x as likely to have robots perform repetitive rules-based processing than all other organizations.”
Source: Aberdeen Group: The Financial Close: Autom
“Top-performing enterprises have taken their AP operations to the next level by leveraging technology to streamline the AP process, make it more efficient and enable more strategic activities to be carried out.”
Source: Ardent Partners: The State of ePayables 2017
“Enterprises are under immense pressure to digitize operations and they see a future where routine operations are fully automated. These enterprises see RPA as part of their automation strategy.”
Source: The Forrester Wave™: Robotic Process Automation, Q1 2017
“Automating processes wherever possible is one of the simplest ways to improve accuracy and increase efficiency […] The future of automation, specifically robotic process automation (RPA), will further increase process improvement.”
Source: Aberdeen Group: The Financial Close: Automation Efficiency and the Emergence of RPA, April 2017